When you go on vacation, the last thing you want to worry about is your finances. The SchoolsFirst FCU Mobile Banking app is a great travel companion, because it helps make managing your money easy, fast and secure. Here are some tips to make your vacation a breeze:
We want to partner with you to help keep your money secure, so add these to your pre-trip to-do list to protect your accounts:
- Set Up Overdraft Protection. What happens if you miscalculate and find that you don’t have enough funds? Signing up for Debit Card Overdraft Protection1 can be a real lifesaver. Then if you make a purchase and don’t have enough money, we will automatically cover the expense. The fees depend on the transaction and amount overdrawn. Just log in and tap the “Overdraft Protection Options” link at the top of your checking Account Summary to learn more and opt in for this service before your trip.2
- Add a travel notice so you can use your SchoolsFirst FCU credit or debit card without interruption. Changes in your spending habits could trigger a security alert from our fraud detection system. Main Menu > Card Services > Travel Notice
- Set up fraud alerts to receive texts or emails when suspicious activity is detected on your debit card. Main Menu > My Profile > Fraud Alerts Registration
- Set up credit card alerts so you’ll be notified when your credit card is used. Main Menu > Card Services > Credit Card Alerts
- Sign up for free ID Theft Protection.3 Our debit and credit cards come with free identity theft monitoring and alerts, emergency wallet replacement and identity theft resolution services from Mastercard® ID Theft Protection. Main Menu > Card Services > Identity Theft Protection.
Navigating Bumps in the Road
Even though you hope to avoid travel mishaps, they can and do happen. Here’s how to be prepared if these setbacks occur:
- Lost Debit Card. If you misplace your debit card or it’s lost or stolen, you can easily block and unblock it. Main Menu > Card Services > Card Management
- Lost Wallet. If you’ve enrolled in for free ID Theft Protection for your SchoolsFirst FCU debit or credit cards Mastercard will replace your cards and documentation.
Enjoying Your Vacation
Here are some more ways to manage your money on the go:
- Get cash before you travel. Find a branch or ATM near you when you’re on the go. You can even check branch lobby wait times. Simply tap “ATM/Branch” at the bottom of our app’s log in screen, or if you’re logged in, go to Main Menu > ATM/Branch Search.
- Transfer Money to Friends and Family. Splitting a lunch check but forgot your wallet? Do the kids need spending money? You can transfer money to family and friends who are Members.
Log In > Main Menu > Transfers & Payments > Member-to-Member Transfer.
Don’t Have the Mobile App? Download it today.
Our Mobile Banking4 app gives you easy and secure access to your account whenever and wherever you need it. Plus, it was rated one of the Best Credit Union Apps of 2017 among large credit unions by MagnifyMoney.5 Download today for your smartphone or tablet on the App Store or Google Play.
Want to learn more? Watch the video.
1.Transfers are subject to Federal Regulation D, up to six transfers per month. 2. Debit Card Overdraft protection fees: we will charge a $22 fee each time we pay an overdraft. A fee is charged when the transaction is over $10 and your account is negative more than $10. We limit overdraft fees to a maximum of three (3) overdraft fees per day. Negative shares must be paid immediately. Must be at least 18 years old to opt-in for this service. Whether your overdrafts will be paid is discretionary and we reserve the right not to pay. For example, we typically do not pay overdrafts if your account is not in good standing. 3. To bring you this benefit, Mastercard has partnered with CSID®, an industry leader in identity theft protection and fraud detection. CSID is a registered trademark of CSIdentity Corporation. 4. Data charges may apply. Check with your mobile provider. 5. MagnifyMoney rated the Best Apps Among the 10 Largest Credit Unions: SchoolsFirst, PenFed, Alliant, BECU and America First all scored 4.3, well above the average of 3.7 for all credit union apps. For more about their ratings methodology visit MagnifyMoney.
When you click on external links, you are linking to alternate websites not operated by SchoolsFirst FCU, and SchoolsFirst FCU is not responsible for the content of the alternate websites. The fact that there is a link from SchoolsFirst FCU’s email to an alternate website does not constitute endorsement of any product, service, or organization. SchoolsFirst FCU does not represent either you or the website operator if you enter into a transaction. Privacy and security policies may differ from those practiced by SchoolsFirst FCU, and you should review the alternate website’s policies.
Extra Credit provides general information to help improve our Member’s financial lives. Every situation is different, so please contact us for guidance on your specific needs. The advice provided in Extra Credit is not intended to serve as a substitute for speaking to a loan representative, financial advisor, or BALANCE counselor who can help tailor a solution for you.
If you post a comment, we will make every effort to respond or contact you directly. We reserve the right to delete comments that contain personal information, unauthorized content, or are generally inappropriate.